Corporate and Foundation Relations Officer
Washington, D.C. | Full-time
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Corporate and Foundations Relations Officer will manage Malala Fund's growing portfolio of corporate and foundation donors. They will work to refine and implement an organizational stewardship strategy, developing relationships with staff at major corporations and foundations, conceptualizing and writing grant proposals and pitch decks and managing a grant reporting processes. The successful candidate is a skilled writer, has outstanding project management capabilities, is able to manage multiple deadlines and has excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
I. Responsibilities and Tasks
- Relationship management and strategy
- Manage a growing portfolio of corporate and foundation partners.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with corporate and foundation partners through regular outreach, including email, phone calls and in-person meetings.
- Create and implement a consistent stewardship program to keep corporate and foundation partners engaged in Malala Fund’s work.
- When applicable, include and prepare senior leadership, staff and board members in engagement and solicitation with corporate and foundation partners.
- Track revenue against goals and assist in forecasting future sources of revenue.
- Track the distribution of foundation and corporate partner grants in collaboration with the development, programmes and finance teams.
- Manage a donor reporting calendar and prepare donor reports by the appropriate deadlines.
- Engage and keep current donors up to date with timely updates on the impact of their contributions, both restricted and unrestricted.
- Create proposals, pitch decks, and other creative partnership requests for existing donors to renew and expand their contributions.
- Work closely with the programmes and finance team on budget creation and management for partnership proposals.
- Manage and grow the commercial co-venture program with small to mid-size corporate partners.
- Oversee the contract and grant agreement process for new and existing grants.
II. Qualifications and Experience
- Approximately five years of corporate and foundation relations or related development work from an international organization.
- Broad knowledge of leading corporate and foundation interests in international development, evolving strategies and priorities.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated experience tracking, recording and reporting on grants.
- Excellent relationship management experience with demonstrated success in developing and implementing stewardship strategies to ignite or retain partnerships.
- Experience writing grant reports, proposals and pitch decks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills with an acute ability to tackle multiple assignments under deadlines and changing circumstances.
- Ability and desire to travel domestically and internationally.
- Strong commitment to Malala Fund’s mission, purpose and values, including a demonstrated commitment to gender and racial equality.
- Pre-existing authorisation to work in the United States.
III. About Malala Fund
Registered as a public charity in the United States and the United Kingdom, Malala Fund is working toward a world where all girls can learn for 12 years and lead without fear. We advocate for resources and policy changes needed to give all girls a secondary education. The girls we serve have high goals for themselves — and we have high expectations for leaders who can help them. We invest in developing country education leaders and frontline organizations — the people who best understand girls in their communities — in regions where most girls are missing out on secondary school. We amplify girls’ voices. Malala Fund is building a movement of young education activists who, like Malala, speak truth to power around the world.
IV. How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the form on this page or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Corporate and Foundation Relations Officer” in the subject line. The deadline to apply is February 14, 2020.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to candidates with whom we wish to move forward in the interview process.