Special Assistant, Programmes
London | Full Time
We are seeking a highly organised and self-motivated Special Assistant to provide extensive support to the Chief Programmes Officer and the wider Programmes department. Key responsibilities will include providing support to the Chief with scheduling, travel, expense reports, as well as administering critical aspects of the programme department, including managing departmental budget, project managing special initiatives, facilitating departmental coordination (including meeting management), providing logistical support for physical and virtual meetings with grantees and program participants and corresponding with internal and external parties. Excellent communication skills, time and priority management and strong attention to detail are essential for successful candidates.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Executive Support to the Chief of Programmes - Plans and coordinates diary scheduling for the Chief Programmes Officer. - Compiles and helps prepare pre-read documents, interview briefs and trip books to ensure the Chief Programmes Officer is well prepared for all meetings and events. - Manages critical deadlines and special projects for the Chief Programmes Officer to ensure smooth implementation. - Provides logistical support for travel, including booking air travel, hotels, visas and doing expense reports. - Performs other administrative functions as necessary to best facilitate the Chief’s ability to effectively lead the Programmes Department.
Administrative Support to Programmes team - Manages Programmmes team's meeting schedule and agenda, takes notes, tracks departmental decisions and action items and prioritises conflicting needs to follow projects through to successful completion. - Maintains departmental budget, coordinating with objective holders and finance to ensure optimal financial delivery. - Manages projects for the department to ensure quality and timely delivery of objectives. - Build, maintain and manage excellent relationships with the Executive Leadership Team, grantees and other stakeholders. - Supports the Programmes Team in trip scheduling and event logistics, including booking travel and securing visas. - Ensuring key Programmes contacts are captured and recorded on the Salesforce database. - Conduct desk research as necessary to advance programme development and expansion. - Compiles Programmes data as written summaries for internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and effectively managing multiple tasks.
- Experience managing communications for high-level political, business and/or non-profit officials.
- Experience managing budgets and organisational workplans.
- Superior organisation, prioritisation and project management skills with high attention to detail is essential, with formal training a plus.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information with the highest level of discretion.
- Experience managing complicated domestic and international logistics – ideally with experience securing travel visas.
- Experience planning and managing events, including facilities and external vendor contracts. Familiarity with operating in the developing world desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work independently and with excellent judgment, taking ownership of a wide-range of responsibilities.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in situations of flux; ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps, in particular Excel.
- Legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter through the form on the right of this page by May 15. You may also send your CV and cover letter directly to email@example.com, indicating “Special Assistant” in the subject line of your email. The candidate must be legally authorised to work in the U.K. Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive when a position is posted, we are only able to respond directly to candidates with whom we wish to move forward in the interview process. Malala Fund is committed to safeguarding children and employment with our team is conditional upon successfully completing a background check.
About Malala Fund
Registered as a public charity in the U.K. and U.S., Malala Fund is working toward a world where all girls can learn for 12 years and lead without fear. We advocate for resources and policy changes needed to give all girls a secondary education. The girls we serve have high goals for themselves — and we have high expectations for leaders who can help them. We invest in developing country education leaders and frontline organisations — the people who best understand girls in their communities — in regions where most girls are missing out on secondary school. We amplify girls’ voices. Malala Fund is building a movement of young education activists who, like Malala, speak truth to power around the world.